Tuesday, May 09, 2006

 

Ambien Strikes Again

“I simply do not remember getting out of bed, being pulled over by police, or being cited for three driving infractions. That’s not how I want to live my life.”

As soon as I heard these words from Rhode Island’s Representative Patrick Kennedy, I knew the culprit cited would be Ambien. Sure enough, Kennedy was taking Ambien along with Phenergan, an anti-nausea drug that can also cause drowsiness.

Several have expressed their disdain for Kennedy’s “excuse” and decried police for not administering a sobriety test to see if alcohol was the real reason for his car accident on Capitol Hill last Thursday. I, however, can certainly see how it could have been directly related to the collision, even if Ambien were not the sole factor in the crash. I wonder if they found any McDonald’s wrappers in the vehicle...


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?