Monday, July 31, 2006

 

I'm Gonna Live Forever

The most recent issue of California Educator, published by the California Teachers Association, debates the idea of social promotion (passing students to the next grade, regardless of academic performance). The articles, though biased, give some good background to the issue at hand if you’re interested in reading further. In any case, some of Fresno Unified’s intervention programs were highlighted in the magazine, and it just so happens I was working for a literacy clinic teacher the day they dropped by to snap some photos at my school site. Fame—just one more perk of the glamorous lives of teachers.

Comments:
Is something being thrown at you in that picture? It looks like an action shot.
 
Yeah, you'd think that of all the pictures they took that morning, they could choose any of the ones where I'm NOT adjusting my top, or where I'm actually with students or something. And if all the others were worse, well, then that's just sad for me.
 
Always the proud Mom.... :)
 
Why do you have to adjust your top so frequently? I hesitate to hazard a guess with your mother watching my every footstep.
 
Can I use this picture of you dodging spitballs as my computer wallpaper?
 
Great blog page!!!! I enjoy reading your material. All of it. And to all teachers out there... Thank you for a job well done. Your up there with Veterans in my eyes.
 
You need to write more articles. I enjoy reading about whats on your mind. Also don't forget more pictures... Makes it easy for us un-educated folks to read.
Hope all is well... take care
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?