Monday, June 26, 2006

 

Snakes on the Brain

Of course, anything about snakes lately catches my eye, and they (snakes) seem to be everywhere right now! Today, during my usual round of blog-checking, I discovered (via wt’s legwork) that the person whose video I blogged about here (follow the link to watch the video, if you haven't already!) is also is the author of the one and only Snakes on a Blog.

Also, yesterday’s newspaper included an article (front page of the Local News section, no less) about a good Samaritan who rescued a 6-foot gopher snake from certain death as it tried to cross a busy street—a busy street near my work at that, since we’re on the subject of “coincidences.” The kind stranger carried the creature in his backpack as he rode his bike another 13 blocks to home, where he could decide what to do with it. In the end, the SPCA took the snake and released it in a ponding basin (which, in my opinion, leaves the options for "sequal" wide open).

Last, but not least, while checking out a link from a favorite site recently, I came upon another interesting link, yadda yadda yadda, I arrive here. About three posts down, I discovered that the blog’s creator is the very person whose “artwork” was used as a basis for the actual Snakes on a Plane logo. Favorite quote, from Defamer.com:

“Not that it takes a genius to throw together a couple of snakes and an airliner after the heavy conceptual lifting's already been done by the movie's self-consciously B-flick title, but at least the New Line folks seem to be paying attention to their potential audience, who may abandon their blogs long enough to show up on opening night wearing flight attendant uniforms and covered in rubber cobras.”

Folks, I think my plans for Friday, Aug. 18 just got a little spicier. Any coincidence that I now live with a pilot? I think not! Plastic snakes are a dime a dozen, but how else was I going to get my hands on the all-important uniform?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?