Monday, June 05, 2006

 

Facedancing

Dare I say there exists another facial-based form of entertainment that may be even more ingenious than Expressions? You make the call:

Londoner Jonathan Stone began videoing people’s faces while playing relaxing music as a way to practice using his new video camera. (Those performance artists…) "I realized the videos were rich portraits of people and their musical tastes,” he says. And such are the humble beginnings of…facedancing.

People of all ages, backgrounds, etc. have accepted the invitation to facedance to their favorite music in front of Stone’s camera. Stone eventually had enough video to create “The FaceDance Show” and take it on the road. Though it hasn’t crossed the Pond as of yet, Stone is very interested in bringing the show to the U.S., specifically New Orleans.

Unfortunately, Stone’s website with example videos from his newest project seems to be inaccessible at the moment, but I’m sure it's worth tracking down. To wit:

One intriguing example of unexpected improvisation involved Stone’s accountant, whom he had invited to participate. "He asked me, do you mind if my dog joins me?" recalled Stone.

The accountant whipped a pug-nosed terrier from underneath his desk and held him in his arms while a double mandolin concerto by Vivaldi played.

"It was a very, very still image, with the dog licking him," said Stone, laughing. "You couldn’t write something like that!"


Comments:
That sounds like an utterly boring thing to watch. I just bob my head up and down when listening to music. I feel sorry for anyone who watches it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?