Monday, March 27, 2006

 

Veggies on Parade

I'm not joking; this was right inside the front section of today's newspaper, as taken from the LA Times:

"The FBI, while waging a highly publicized war against terrorism, has spent resources gathering information on antiwar and environmental protestors, and activists who feed vegetarian meals to the homeless, the agency's internal memos show."

Did I read that right? "Activists who feed vegetarian meals to the homeless"?

The article continues,

"Officials say that international terrorists pose the greatest threat to the nation, but they cannot ignore crimes committed by some activists."

Let me make it clear--I am not disagreeing with that statement. We've all heard reports of radical-- and I would say fringe-- antiwar and environmental protestors vandalizing memorials to fallen soldiers and setting fire to SUV-selling car dealerships. The part I don't understand is why activists who feed vegetarian meals to the homeless are tossed into the same category. Is the government honestly disturbed by people who feed other people a meatless, though likely an otherwise balanced and healthy, meal?

I have, on more than one occasion, assembled healthy, brown-bag lunches-- albeit, without (gasp!) meat-- and passed them out to homeless people I met while spending time with them in public parks and similar areas. Come and get me.


Comments:
I think the terrorist warniing level of this Blog might be Orange to Red! Lets stock up on water and duct tape.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?