Saturday, March 11, 2006

 

This Vacuum Doesn't Suck

Air pollution is always a hot topic here in the Central Valley, mainly because we have so much of it. Every day there seems to be a letter to the editor of The Fresno Bee from somebody complaining about the pollution leaf blowers make-- first for emitting fumes through use, secondly for kicking up all sorts of dust and debris from the ground. Now, I despise leaf blowers, and would even throw noise pollution into the hat. But if we have to have them, is there any reason why they couldn't suck the junk up, like a vacuum, rather than merely relocating it? It seems like a pretty good partial-solution to me, but I've never offered up my idea. It seems so ridiculously logical that the argument must be flawed, otherwise why haven't I heard anyone else make the same point? Am I missing something here?

Comments:
Your Dad gave me a leaf blower/vacuum for Valentine's Day in about 1990 that sucked the leaves into a bag. Was I ahead of the times, or what?! Peace-out-Mom
 
Dude. You just blew my mind. No pun intended.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?